Sarnia Girls Silverstick Tournament Rules
1. OWHA and CHA rules will apply.
2. Each team is guaranteed 4 games. U18 division will consist of 15, 15, Flood,15
minute periods (flood after period 2). U15 division will consist of 12, 15, 15 minute
periods. U13 division will consist of 12, 15, 15 minute periods. U11 Division 10, 12,
12 minute periods. All games are stop time periods.
3. No overtime will be played except in the quarter-finals, the semi-finals and the
finals, unless otherwise stated.
4. 2 points for a win; one point for a tie; 0 for a loss.
5. Teams are to be ready to go on the ice 15 minutes prior to the start of their
6. Earliest possible start times will be Friday at 8:00 a.m., Saturday, 7:00 a.m. and
Sunday, 7:00 a.m.
7. There will be a three (3) minute warm up time at the start of each game.
8. The two top teams from each division will advance to the finals.
9. In the event of a tie at the end of the round robin, the following format will be
used to determine which teams will advance to the quarter finals, semi-finals or finals:
i. Number of wins;
ii. Record against other tied teams;
iii. Goals scored minus the goals against in the round robin;
iv. Fewest goals allowed in the round robin games;
v. Most goals scored in the round robin games;
vi. Most periods won in games against other tied teams;
vii. Most periods won in round robin play;
viii. Fewest penalty minutes in round robin play;
ix. First goal in game between tied teams; and
x. Flip of a coin.
10. In the event of a tie in the quarter finals, semi finals or finals, one (1) five(5)
minute sudden victory overtime period; with one goaltender and four (4) skaters; then
a second five minute sudden victory over time period with one goaltender and three
(3) skaters. If no winner after the second over time period, play continues with the
goaltender and three (3) skaters until one team scores.
11. Maximum 19 players [including two (2) goaltenders] will be registered for the
tournament. A player’s name must appear on the team list submitted with the
12. Tournament is open only to OWHA, HC sanctioned teams or teams registered
with USA Hockey and all players must be registered with the OWHA, HC or USA
13. Referee’s decision is final and is not subject to appeal, grievance or protest.
14. Suspensions – OWHA rules will apply.
15. Tournament Executive decision is final and binding.
16. Teams do not play shorthanded on coincidental penalties.
17. All divisions are non-checking.
18. There will be one 30 second time out allowed to each team in each game.