Georgina AA Regional Silver Stick®
2021 TOURNAMENT REGULATIONS & RULES
• Referee’s decision is final.
• No protests/appeals will be heard on a referee’s decision.
• All teams (team officials) must present themselves at the tournament desk (upstairs) 1 hour prior to their first game to present their APPROVED original roster and original travel permit if required. All game sheets are to stay at the tournament desk to be filled out during the tournament. Please make sure you have all documents with you upon arrival.
• Teams using Affiliated Players (A/P’s) must present their approved Affiliated Player Roster when registering their team. Affiliated Players may only play for one team in the Tournament, and must have played in round robin game in order to playing the Semi-final and or finals.
• All games are played under OMHA rules and regulations with the exception of fighting penalties. Fighting will result in an automatic ejection from the tournament.
All suspensions are as per OMHA and OHF ruling.
• Teams will be responsible for any damage to the dressing rooms and other arena facilities.
Report any damage to the tournament office before using the assigned room. Tournament organizers
and representatives are not responsible for any lost or stolen articles.
• Dressing Rooms must be vacated 15 minutes after each game.
• A total of 19 players may be signed to the OMHA Tournament Sign In Form (including AP players).
• All teams will play a minimum of 4 games and a maximum of 6 games.
• Length of Games
U10 to U13 Periods 10/10/15, stop time.
U14 to U18 Periods 10/15/15, stop time
• Complying with the rules of the International Silver Stick Association any player receiving a fighting penalty is out of the tournament. When a player is assigned their 4th penalty of the game they will be immediately ejected by a referee.
A player on the ice at that time must serve the ejected players penalty.
• If a player is late to a game, they must be on the game sheet and on the ice before the end of the 2nd period.
• No Timeouts allowed during round robin games. One 30 second timeout in the Quarter/Semi Final and
Championship games per team.
• Teams are only permitted into the arena 15 min before the start time of your game. The pre-game warm up will start immediately after the arena attendant closes the Zamboni doors after the flood. Teams are not to go on the ice until the
doors are closed.
• upon arrival before game coaches are asked to come up to the tournament head quarters(upstairs double doors by green hallway at Keswick Ice Palace)
• Masks must be worn in the arena until helmets are put on. Our Town of Georgina Facilities are only allowing 2 spectators in the arena. Security will allow teams and coaches in 15 min before start time of game ( if a game is running behind you will have to wait outside) 5 mini before start time of game security will allow spectators into the arena after showing proof of being fully vaccinated. Please tell your spectators have these documents ready to allow for a smooth and quick entry. QR codes are on entrance doors and must be completed before entering EACH GAME. Anyone refusing to disclose this will be denied entry.
• Pre-game warm ups will be limited to a maximum of 3 minutes. Players must be ready for the opening face off after the 3 minute warm up. If they are not, the first period playing time will be sacrificed.
• Any player receiving a match penalty is out of the tournament.
• Any individual(s) who cannot control themselves and act in a respectable fashion towards the players, officials, coaches, tournament officials Town of Georgina Staff, Security, or other tournament spectators will be ejected from the arena. The person(s) ejected from the arena during the tournament must leave immediately and will not be allowed to participate as a spectator for the duration of the tournament. Should this individual refuse to
leave in a timely fashion the game will be forfeited. Team officials are required to supply the name of that individual(s) to the tournament officials. Failure to do so could result in the immediate withdrawal of the team from tournament play.
• The team designated as the home team will wear their light colored sweaters.
When the sweater colors conflict it will be the responsibility of the HOME team to change.
• Any player, coach, manager or trainer found to be abusive toward ANY PLAYER, TOURNAMENT OFFICIAL, OR VOLUNTEER will be expelled from further tournament participation. Further, any attempt by any team official, player or parent to verbally or physically intimidate any player, tournament official or tournament volunteer may result in expulsion from the tournament of the entire team. This decision will be made solely by the Tournament Director and will not be negotiable once made
• Mercy Rule: If at any time there is MORE than a 4 goal spread (ie:5-0,6-1) in the 3rd period the clock will run and WILL NOT STOP until a 2 goal differential (ie: 5-3,6-4)
Goal differential will be a +/- 7
• The tournament director reserves the right to make all decisions regarding tournament rules, regulations or protests. Any protest, must be in writing and be accompanied by a $200.00
non-refundable cash deposit. All decisions related to a protest will be final with no grounds for further appeal. The cash deposit will be returned only in the event of a successful appeal.
• The Tournament Director reserves the right to render decisions regarding rule interpretations, objections and protests. All decisions are FINAL.
IF A TEAM IS UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE 6 DAYS OR LESS BEFORE THE START OF THE 1ST GAME DUE TO COVID RELATED REASONS, THE SCHEDULE WILL CONTINUE AS PLANNED AND A TEAM SCHEDULED TO PLAY THE CANCELLED TEAM WILL BE AWARDED THE 2 PTS FOR A WIN WITH A SCORE OF 1-0. 7 OR MORE DAYS THE SCHEDULE WILL BE ADJUSTED.
6 Team Division: 2 pools of 3 will cross over to play the other pool. 1st in each pool will get a by to the semi finals. 2nd and 3rd will play each other in their respective pools.
8 Team Division: 2 pools of 4 will cross over to play other pool. Top 2 teams in each pool will move on to semi finals.
10 Teams Division 2 pools of 5 will play teams in own pool. Top 2 teams in each pool will move on to semi finals.
6 Team Division: Teams will play a full round robin qualifying crossover game to the other pool. At the conclusion of the round robin. 1st place in each pool will get a by to the semi finals. 2nd and 3rd will play in their own pool in a quarter final round. 2nd (home), 3rd ( visitors).Semi finals will be 1st in group 1 plays winner of group 2 quarter finals. 1st in group 2 plays winner of group 1 quarter finals.
8 Team Divisions: Teams will play a full round robin qualifying crossover games to the other pool. At the conclusion of the round robin, two Semi-Finals will be played, with the 1st place A pool (home) playing 2nd place A pool (visitor) and 1st place B pool (home) play 2nd place B pool (visitor).The winners of the Semi Finals will proceed to the Championship game. The tie breaker formula will be applied, using Qualifying Round games only, to determine the home position in the Championship game.
10 Team divisions: Teams will play a full round robin qualifying series within their respective pools A or B. At the conclusion of the round robin, two Semi-Finals will be played, with the 1st place A pool (home) playing 2nd place B pool (visitor) and 1st place B pool (home) play 2nd place A pool (visitor).The winners of the Semi Finals will proceed to the Championship game. The tie breaker formula will be applied, using Qualifying Round games only, to determine the home position in the Championship game.
• Determination of Division Winners: Winners will be determined by point system as follows:
2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie and 0 points for a loss.
Chart (i) Divisional Qualifying Round
see below Excluding Wild Cart
• Head-to-head record between tied teams.(if multiple teams are tied and they have NOT ALL played each other, the head to head tie-breaker cannot be applied. Move to next
• Team with best record (most wins counts first) gains higher position
• GFA percentage of all games played within the Qualifying Round.(determined by dividing the goals for 7 MAXIMUM PER GAME by the sum of the total goals for plus the total goals against)
• Lowest total penalty minutes incurred in Tournament within the Qualifying Round GM's given to coaching staff member will be added in to the total team penalty Minutes (10 min)
• Team that scored first goal in their first game of the Tournament.
• Coin Toss.
Chart (iii) GFA Formula
GFA closest to 1.000 advances
Goals for + Goals against = total goals; GFA = goals for divided by total goals.
e.g. 25 + 15 = 40 ; GFA = 25/40 = .625
Overtime will be played ONLY in a Quarter/Semi Final or
Championship game. There will be NO change of ends after regulation time.
The following format applies:
One five minute stop time 5 on 5 sudden victory period. If there is still a tie there will be a 10 minute sudden
victory overtime period with 1 goaltender and 4 skaters per team. If after the first 2 minutes of the
10 minute period the game is still tied a buzzer will sound and play will commence with 3 skaters
per team. If still tied after the 2 minutes a buzzer will sound and play will commence with 2 skaters
per team. If still tied after the 2 minutes of play the buzzer will sound again, play will commence
with 1 skater per team. Each 2 minute interval will start from center ice and there will be
only changes on the fly. Play will continue until a goal is scored. All penalties carry over to all
overtime periods including after 2 minute buzzer. Should the number of players on the ice be
the goaltender and 1 skater and a penalty occurs, the non-offending team will be allowed an
extra player and offending player will go to the penalty bench.
Citizenship & International Goodwill
Through Silver Stick Hockey®