Silver Stick Collingwood: 2016-17 Additional Entry Tournament Rules
(as of November 23,2016 rules subject to change if needed due to registration levels or ruling body changes)
SILVER STICK COLLINGWOOD IS SCHEDULED AS IF IT IS A ONE LEVEL TOURNAMENT.... ALL TEAMS THAT REGISTER PLAY AS IF THEY ARE THE SAME LEVEL (ie an AE2 minor team will likely play and AE3 team(minor-major) etc)
1. All players must be approved as roster or affiliated players prior to first game. All teams must register prior to their first game at location of their first game. A player can participate in playoff rounds without playing in round robin. A copy of the OMHA roster must be turned in before the first game. Teams sign in at the arena where they play their first game, players do not have to sign in. (teams that have emailed roster only need to provide a new one if the list has changed)
2. Maximum number of players on roster is 19 (not counting approved AP) , maximum number of registered team officials is 5 [24 awards per team on Championship Sunday].
3. Teams will play a minimum 3 games. Round robin games in Novice, Atom, Peewee, Bantam and Midget can end in tie ..( Novice division see rule 4 for Saturday games ) . All games in all divisions are 10-10-15 in length [including playoffs and final]. Mercy rule as per OMHA guidelines. No time-outs.
4. Novice games on Saturday are considered play off games… rules six and seven apply
5. The playoff format is based on number of teams in the division. (in eight team divisions it is top two teams in each division meeting in cross over semi final. (Teams in Novice division play in winner advances games on Saturday to determine semi finals)
6 Overtime is only used in semi finals and finals (and all Novice games Saturday); it is a sudden victory five-minute stop time period, followed by a shoot out if still tied. There will be one 30 second time out per team in semi finals and finals. No extra time-out in overtime.
7. Shoot out is a best of 3, shooters must be selected prior to game (circled on game sheet). If after three shooters the game is still tied, shoot-out continues with alternating shots until one team leads after a round. Shooters may not repeat until all skaters have been used. [Goalies cannot be selected]. Hockey Canada/OMHA Penalty Shot rules will be guideline for execution of shots. A player ejected from the game may not return for shoot-out.
8 All fighting majors, and match penalties will result in a suspension from the tournament. Team officials who fight will be suspended from the tournament [OMHA suspensions also apply].
9. Any major penalty is subject to O.M.H.A. suspension. A ten-minute misconduct in the third period or overtime results in a one game suspension [mouth guard penalty excluded].
10. Any team official or player who is abusive to any tournament committee member, volunteer or other worker (including referees) can be ejected from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament chair.
11. All teams should be ready to play 15 minutes prior to scheduled time. Any team not ready to play or refusing to play at scheduled time may face further sanctions.
12. Teams will be allowed 3 minutes for warms ups with the clock starting as soon as both teams have at least one player on ice or 30 seconds after the warning buzzer has sounded (team officials are responsible for knowing ice is ready for warm up).
13. Division tie breaking formulas: (1) most points (2) head to head game (if two teams tied) (3) wins (4)goals differential [GF/(GF+GA)] highest % advances (5) least penalty minutes (6) lowest goals against (7) coin toss
14 NOVICE DIVISION TIE BREAKER 2015 1) most points, 2) goal differential (same as above), 3) least penalty minutes, 4) draw lots
15. Any appeal must be in writing, presented by either coach or manager and accompanied by $200 .00 cash (no cheques) bond. (only returned if appeal is upheld) Referee's discretionary calls cannot be appealed. Decisions of the Tournament Chair is final.