Welcome to the 2022 South Huron Regional Silverstick
South Huron Regional International Silverstick Tournament Rules
1. All OMHA rules apply
2. Any player receiving a game misconduct shall be suspended from at least the next tournament game. Fighting in Silverstick is not allowed. Any player or team official assessed a fighting major will be suspended for the remainder of the tournament. Any player or team official who is assessed a Fighting, Match or Gross misconduct penalty will be suspended for the remainder of the tournament.
3. Any player, coach, manager or trainer found to be making a travesty of the game shall be expelled from tournament play.
4. Any player, coach, manager or trainer found to be abusive toward ANY PLAYER, TOURNAMENT OFFICIAL OR VOLUNTEER will be expelled from further tournament participation. Further, any attempt by any official, player or parent to verbally or physically intimidate any player, tournament official or tournament volunteer may result in expulsion from the tournament for the entire team. This decision will be made solely by the Tournament Director and will not be negotiable once made.
5. OMHA rosters will be required as proof of player’s eligibility. As per the latest OHF memo, these rosters can show pening status. These rosters must be presented to tournament officials in advance of the tournament start. No player will be allowed to play without such evidence of eligibility. Only players listed on the official tournament roster submitted will be allowed to participate in the tournament. NO NAMES/PLAYERS CAN BE ADDED AFTER THE START OF THE FIRST GAME.
6. Teams must report to the dressing room prior to the scheduled game time. All teams are required to be prepared to play up to 20 minutes in advance of scheduled game times if tournament conditions permit. Teams unable to make the scheduled starting time shall forfeit the game.
7. Teams must remain off the ice until Ice Cleaning Equipment gates have been closed and game officials have arrived.
8. Round Robin, Semi Final and Final Games in the U11 division will be 10-10-10, U13, U15 & U18 games will be 10-10-15 all stop time. No overtime or time-outs in round robin games. One 30-second time out per team will be allowed in Semi Final and Final games. There will be no floods between periods.
9. Round robin games will be played for points as follows
a. 2 points for a win
b. 1 point for a tie
c. 0 points for a loss
In the event of a tie in points at the conclusion of round robin play, the following sequential procedure will be used to break the tie.
Head to Head
Goals for/goals against plus goals for (GF/(GF+GA)) highest average %
Least Penalty minutes
Flip a coin
Overtime in Semi Final and Final games (No overtime in Round Robin play) will consist of a 10 minute sudden victory period with 3 skaters and 1 goalie. If a team is penalized in overtime, the favoured side gains a skater (ie 4 on 3). If still tied after 10 minute overtime, a 3 player shootout will follow. If the score still remains tied, a sudden victory shootout will occur. All skaters must shoot before any shooter may shoot a second time. Shooters will go at the same time.
Teams may pull their goalie during sudden victory periods.
Home ice for all final games will be determined by the team that has the most points. In the event of a tie, the tie breaker procedure will be used.
10. Mercy rule will apply for a 5 goal differential moving the game to straight time until the end of the game or the differential drops below 5 again.
11. All referee calls are final
12. The tournament director reserves the right to make all decisions regarding tournament rules, regulations or protests.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO FOLLOW - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
South Huron is once again hosting U15LL, U18LL in addition to U11 through U18 C/D divisions for 2nd Tier/2nd entry teams ONLY
The tournament is scheduled for November 18-20, 2022
OMHA has made changes to centre classifications which affect what teams we can welcome in our South Huron C & D Tier 2 Regional Silver Stick tournament.
The South Huron Regional Silver Stick was formerly classified as an AE tournament. We could accept AE3-5 teams (additional entry, or second team) from our region.
The chart below shows the changes between AE hockey and the new classifications:
South Huron will continue with our tradition of taking second or additional entry teams for this season's tournament as follows:
Second rep teams (formerly AE) from B centres classified as 'C' teams.
Second rep teams (formerly AE) from C centres classified as 'D' teams.
NO FIRST TEAMS FROM ANY CENTRE WILL BE REGISTERED, REGARDLESS OF BASE CATEGORY.
Example: If your team is a C team, but are considered the first - or REP Team - we cannot accept you in our tournament this season.
For more information on registering for the South Huron Silver Stick Regional, please click here.
BB– The former AE1/AE2 entry out of a AAA/AA/A base category Association.
C– The second entry team out of a B base category Association, or, the first entry team out of a C base category Association.
D– The second entry team out of a C base category Association, or, the first entry team out of a D base category Association.
NA– Formerly the second entry team out of a DD or D base category Association. These second entry teams are now entered as local or house league.